Industries are continuously developing their products through their in-house research and development programs. Through collaborations, it is possible to integrate academic research programs, and in some cases to benefit from shared regional or EU supporting funds for the development of radiopharmaceuticals or equipment useful in the radioactive healthcare environment. Several foreign companies are using the fully equipped Belgian clinical centres to run clinical trials (EORTC). Preclinical to phase III trials can be run in various Belgian hospitals that are used to implement GCP studies in their adequately equipped centres. In the past years Belgian private and public R&D centres (IRISIB, Jules Bordet Institute, Centre de recherche du cyclotron (CRC), Erasme) have been involved in the most advanced programs due to their high level of expertise. The public research centres gather the expertise coming from the main universities of the country (Université Catholique de Louvain, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Université de Liège, Université de Mons, Université de Namur, UAntwerp, UZ Gent, UZ Leuven, Vrije Universiteit Brussel). Furthermore, some of these centres are proposing fully equipped platforms (e.g. CMMI) for preclinical and clinical research in this area. Seven specialized facilities are represented in Belgium (six of them are GMP or GMP-compliant).
Download the Rad4Med.be University Labs, Hospitals & Research Centres
- IMAGX Research Group
- IRISIB – Nuclear Unit.
- UCL – MIRO Nuclear Medicine Clinical Research.
- UCL – MIRO Radiotherapy Clinical Research.
- UCL – MIRO Radiochemistry-Radiopharmacy.
- UCL – MIRO Preclinical Research.
- ULB – CUB Hopital Erasme.
- Bordet Institute_ORILAB
- Bordet Institute_Radiation Oncology
- Bordet Institute_Nuclear medicine-Radiotherapy
- ULB – Department Radiation Oncology.
- ULB/UMons – CMMI Ex Vivo Molecular Imaging.
- ULB/UMons – CMMI In Vivo Molecular Imaging.
- ULg – Cyclotron Research Centre (CRC).
- ULg – CHU de Liège Nuclear Medicine.
- ULg – CHU de Liège Radiotherapy Department.
- UNamur – LARN.
- UAntwerp/UZA – MICA (Molecular Imaging Center Antwerp)
- UZ/UGENT – Infinity Lab.
- UZ Leuven – Radiation Oncology.
- UZ Brussel – Nuclear Medicine.
- UZ Brussel – Radiopharmacy.
- UZ Brussel – Radiation Oncology
- VUB _ICMI Brussels