UMONS is ideally located in the heart of Europe. The University of Mons (UMONS) offers a wide variety of courses in an enriching environment, as well as close teacher-student relationships. Research at UMONS is carried out by some 1000 researchers within 10 research institutes, all of which is supported by the Department for Research Support and Technology Transfer. Each Institute brings together the skills of experienced researchers, post-docs and PhD students from several UMONS faculties. Thereby, our researchers are provided with increased visibility among international organizations and donors. With its research excellence UMONS contributes to the socio-economic development of the entire region.
Education and training fields
Training and education activities
- Techniques of molecular imaging: principles and applications (UMONS Faculty of sciences and Faculty of medicine and pharmacy).
Course delivered in the campus of Charleroi and the campus of Mons.
- Welcomes and supervises students in chemistry, biology or medical sciences or PhD thesis preparation in the field of radiotherapy.
Research activities in the field of radiation include:
- Development, synthesis and characterization of radiosensitizing nanoparticles traceable with MRI.
- Development of nanoparticle-based bimodal PET/MRI probes
- Preparation of specific chelates for SPECT or PET imaging
UMONS is involved in several collaborative projects in the field of nuclear radiation such as:
- FAR (Wallonia funding, Biowin): development of industrialized and simplified solutions for the production of radiolabelled antibody fragments for Radio Immuno Therapy (RIT). UMONS, CMMI (ULB), Trasis, Xpress Biologics.
- THERAGET(H2020, EuroNanoMed3) Dendronized nanoparticles designed for targeted multimodal image guided therapy. UMONS, University of Strasbourg, uliu Hatieganu, CheMatech and Bioemtech
- PROTHERWAL (Wallonia funding): protontherapy platform dedicated to research activities and therapy